Meeting Family Needs.
Take-A-Break Child Care Center provides care for children birth to 14 years of age. It is a community based program open to all families in the Battle Creek area. It was established to provide quality care to children of parents who need:
- Daily PreK academy (9am to 12pm.)
- Weekday care for infants, toddlers and/or Preschool children.
- Before and after-school care.
- GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program).
- Occasional drop-in care (a few hours a month) to search for employment or to keep appointments.
- Short term care while a parent is ill or caregiver is on vacation.
- Respite care (those needing a healthy break.)
All meals and snacks are provided by Take-A-Break Child Care and meet all nutritional requirements for the USDA Food Program. Menus are posted each week. We assist children with food allergies as well as special diets due to religious or family beliefs. Families with infants are required to furnish formula, infant cereals and/or pureed foods.
Reservation and Attendance.
The Center can accommodate up to 52 children. Each day, space is reserved for children to attend drop-in care (in case of an emergency or change of family plans). Families are responsible to reserve each child’s spot for the following week by Friday morning of the week preceding. Spots are available on a first come, first served basis.
415 28th St. S
Battle Creek, MI 49015
Take-A-Break Child Care is a program of the Family Enrichment Center, a non-profit organization serving Calhoun County of Michigan. We exist to fill the gaps of the child welfare system by providing training, support, mentoring and services to all families, with an emphasis on adoptive, foster and kinship families. We are a program delivery partner of the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region.